IVY KIRZHNER AND CRANE & ANTLER GALLERY
ARE PROUD TO HOST WORKS BY
WORLD-RENOWNED ARTISTS FROM THE
FEATURING ART BY
Zigi Ben-Haim, Judith R Brodsky, Christo,
Jennifer Danner, Mimi Gross, Richard Hunt, Rodney Ripps, Peter Sis, Rose Viggiano.
RECEPTION & COCKTAILS
Friday, December 9
6pm - 9pm
Ivy Kirzhner Flagship
Retail & Showroom
750 Greenwich Street
New York NY, 10014
Corner of West 11th & Greenwich St
All proceeds from artwork sales will
go to supporting CITYarts
CITYarts engages youth and professional artists in the creation of public art, including murals and mosaic.
Through this creative process, CITYarts empowers, educates, and connects youth and children locally and around the world
to become active participants in realizing their potential and transforming communities.
CRANE & ANTLER GALLERY
BIRD ROBOT HEART
June 9 - June 23, 2016
Opening reception: Thursday, June 9, 6 - 10pm
New York, NY - Crane & Antler Gallery is proud to present the inaugural exhibition "BIRD ROBOT HEART" featuring more than a dozen renowned and up-and-coming American and International artists. Contributing their unique vision are: Rachel M. Bray, Craww, Dolan Geiman, Alex R. Kirzhner, Ivy Kirzhner, Haruko Mori, Saddo, Scarecrowoven, Epochal Void, Graham Yarrington, and others.
• Rachel M. Bray's stunningly intricate graphite pieces are rooted in nature and classical Asian aesthetics. Rachel lives in the heart of Acadia, Canada where she enjoys a life of worldly high tech concerns and low tech rural pleasures. (rachelmbray.com)
• Craww is a self taught artist based in Sheffield, UK. His work is a stream of consciousness ramble through the woods, uncovering secret stories and ambiguous connections. Following a career in graphic design, his art is informed by a sense of balance and narrative flow, making sense of the seemingly chaotic drips and washes of colour. (craww.com)
• Hailing from Denver, CO, Dolan Geiman seeks to combine his interests in art-making with his studies of biology and American history. Multilayered and rich in narrative, his intricate collages weave tales of foregone eras and untamed wilderness. (dolangeiman.com)
• Based in New York City, Alex R. Kirzhner crafts his images with a desire for extravagant detail. His artwork, which ranges from portraits to grotesques, is informed as much by art history as it is by popular culture. Alex is also the co-founder and director of Crane & Antler Gallery. (newshadeofblack.com)
• Ivy Kirzhner is one of the youngest creative leaders in the contemporary and designer footwear landscape. Her eponymous designer brand has garnered a cult celebrity following including Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Tori Kelly, Shakira, Rebecca Romijn, Christina Ricci, Carly Rae Jepson, and many others. The BIRD ROBOT HEART theme is also the inspiration behind the new Ivy Kirzhner New York 2017 footwear collection. Ivy is a co-founder of Crane & Antler Gallery. (ivykirzhner.com)
• Haruko Mori was born in Aichi, Japan and since 2015 resides in Seattle, WA. Her recent work reflects her emotions through the strong connection we have with the animal kingdom and the importance of maintaining a balance with our natural world. (harukomori865.blogspot.jp)
• Saddo is a Romanian artist, illustrator, muralist and founder of one of the first Romanian street art collectives, The Playground. His style is influenced by Giuseppe Arcimboldo, Bosch, Walton Ford, naturalistic illustrations of plants and animals, Islamic miniatures, pop surrealism, religion, and mythology. (saddo.ro)
• With his influences in skateboard graphics and comics from the 80’s, Scarecrowoven mashes up his love of skate culture, music, veganism, monsters movies and nature. His fanatical admiration for bright and bold color pallets in technicolor movies coupled with his obsessive service to fine detail are the hallmarks of his trademark style. He lives deep in the woods of Maine. (scarecrowoven.com)
• Epochal Void (Noelle Barce) hails from Portland, OR. Her illustrative work employs iconic, mystical imagery, and figures involved in narrative cycles which depict a journey toward, and experience of, awakening. She works mostly in ink, watercolor, colláge, and print, specifically etchings on copper, woodcut relief, and monotype. (epochalvoid.tumblr.com)
• Recent Pratt Institute graduate Graham Yarrington creates somber works punctuated by bright splashes of vibrant color. His distinct artwork has been exhibited in renowned galleries such as the Cotton Candy Machine and Gallery 1988, as well as featured in Juxtapoz, Hi-Fructose, Supersonic Art, Booooooom and others. (www.grahamyarrington.com)
The exhibit will be open by appointment until June 23.
About Crane & Antler gallery:
Crane & Antler Gallery was founded in 2016 as a collaboration between footwear designer Ivy Kirzhner and her husband Alex R. Kirzhner, a two-time Grammy nominated art director and fine artist. Crane & Antler exhibits original paintings, works on paper, sculpture and limited edition prints by new, emerging, and established contemporary artists. The gallery is hosted at the showroom of Ivy's eponymous footwear brand Ivy Kirzhner New York in SoHo, NYC.